Breaking News

Governor extends disaster declaration; Dallas County reports 79 new coronavirus cases

“We are ensuring the state of Texas continues to have adequate resources and capabilities to support our communities and protect public health," Abbott said in a written statement.

Abbott issued his initial disaster declaration on March 13. The extended declaration will stay in place for 30 days unless it is renewed again.

The disaster declaration is separate from Abbott’s executive order Dallas News that went into place April 2, which says Texans must adhere to social distancing guidelines and requires all but “essential services” to close across the state. That order is in place through April 30.

Across the state, more than 13,000 people have tested positive for the virus and 271 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.


Dallas County reported four deaths from COVID-19 on Sunday, along with 79 more coronavirus cases.

The four people who died had been critically ill in local Press Release Distribution Services In Dallas hospitals and had underlying health problems, officials said.

Three of them lived in long-term care facilities: a woman in her 60s who lived in Garland, a man in his 90s who lived in Richardson and a man in his 80s who lived in Dallas. Officials did not specify which long-term care facilities the individuals lived in.

For More Information 

No comments