The City of Dallas volition spray for mosquitos successful 2 areas aft a illustration tested affirmative for West Nile virus, the Dallas County Health and Human Services said.
The spraying volition hap betwixt 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. some Friday and Saturday nights, upwind permitting.
The 2 areas to beryllium sprayed are mostly bounded by:
- 100 artifact of Classen Drive 75218: Shadydale Lane connected the north, North Bucker Boulevard connected the west, Country Club Drive connected the east, and Waterview Road connected the south.
- 7000 artifact of Walling Lane 75231: Skillman Street connected the north, Abrams Road connected the west, Goforth Road connected the east, and Northwest Highway connected the south.
In 2020, Dallas County reported 5 deaths from West Nile, including a important summation in a important summation successful WNV illness prevalence with 20 quality cases and 498 affirmative mosquito tests.
For much accusation astir spraying and to find whether your vicinity has been sprayed, you tin sojourn the DCHHS website here.
How to Protect Yourself From Mosquito Bites
- Dress in agelong sleeves, pants erstwhile outside: For other protection, spray bladed covering with repellent.
- DEET: Make definite this constituent is successful your insect repellent.
- Drain standing h2o successful your gait and neighborhood: Mosquitoes tin make successful immoderate h2o stagnant for much than 3 days.
It has been recommended successful the past that to debar mosquito bites you should debar being outdoors during Dusk and Dawn (the 4 Ds). While this is existent for mosquitoes that commonly transportation the West Nile virus, different types of mosquitoes that are much apt to transportation Zika, dengue and chikungunya are progressive during the day. When outdoors, nary substance what clip of day, set your formal accordingly and deterioration insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin oregon lipid of citrus eucalyptus arsenic your archetypal enactment of defence against insect bites