Texas is sending resources and radical Hurricane Ida effect and betterment efforts successful Louisiana.
Gov. Greg Abbott's bureau said Monday greeting the authorities was deploying 1 CH-47 (Chinook) helicopter, 14 unit members, 30 Type 1 Fire Engines, and 132 firefighters done the Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System (TIFMAS).
Texas A&M Task Force 1 is besides connected the crushed to supply municipality hunt and rescue capabilities, the governor's bureau said.
"The State of Texas is arrogant to enactment our neighbors successful Louisiana by sending exigency resources and unit to assistance with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida," said Abbott successful a connection Monday. "We volition ne'er hide the kindness, generosity, and enactment offered by the radical of Louisiana during Hurricane Harvey 4 years ago, and we are anxious to enactment them successful their ain clip of need. When neighbors assistance neighbors, America is stronger."
The governor's bureau said Louisiana enactment retired the telephone for assistance done the Emergency Management Assistance Compact and that the Texas Division of Emergency Management would proceed to reappraisal immoderate aboriginal EMAC requests.
On Friday, astatine the petition of FEMA, the Texas DEM activated Texas A&M Task Force One to enactment section efforts successful Louisiana including:
- Texas A&M Forest Service: Saw Crews and Incident Management Teams.
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service: Swift Water Boat Squads, and Texas Task Force Two Search and Rescue Teams.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Boat Teams to enactment Water Rescue Operations.
- Texas Military Department: Helicopters, Sheltering Teams, and High Profile Vehicle packages.
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Emergency Medical Task Force terrible upwind packages and Ambulance Strike Teams.
- Texas Department of Transportation: Monitoring Road Conditions, Prepositioned Water-filled Barriers.
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Texas Highway Patrol: Search and Rescue Aircraft with hoist capableness and the Tactical Marine Unit.
- Public Utility Commission: Power outage monitoring and coordination with inferior providers.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission: Water and Ice Contracts.
- Texas Commission connected Environmental Quality: Public drinking h2o and wastewater installation monitoring.